Knowledge is Power!

Thursday 19 February 2015

StAC

Hey, everyone! This is Erica.

I'm probably a bad role model, since we're in the middle of science but oh well. It's a good opportunity to blog about St Andrews, since everyone else is blogging about their new schools.

It's great here. The uniform is so different, though. At first, the blazer was extremely uncomfortable, I felt like I didn't fit in, and I just felt all-around awkward. Then, I met my new friend, Meg, and started to fit in slowly.

In the first few days, I followed Meg around like a lost puppy, and then began to develop habits of my own. I discovered the Library, and now I have five books in my locker, and another eight at home (thanks to the book club!).

And then I met Louis, fellow Whovian and writer. He just happened to be walking by when I was on my laptop and spotted my weeping angel background, and just like that we were friends. I also made friends with a short boy named Jack, who codes things like games. And then there's my tutor, Mr Hamilton. He's basically Mr Leith but older, which is quite nice.

Yeah, some pretty cool people go here.

Also, today I memorised pi to 27 digits. A girl in my maths class got 35, and for that we have no maths homework until Monday!

Anyway, St Andrews is great. I encourage the rest of Room 5 to write about their first days. I want to hear about them!

~Ericano


No comments:

Post a Comment