Knowledge is Power!

Thursday 4 July 2013

Cross Country Race

Claudia's Race

It was Wednesday 3rd July and it was the day of the cross country finals. I had got through past the Canterbury's race. It was the top 20 and I had just got through because I came 20th. I got picked up from school by my dad and went to leave. I wasn't really sure where it was because I had never been here before but it wasn't far from Casebrook. We were finding a park and I realised that there was so many rocks around everywhere. 
We were walking up and there were tons of people there. They were all getting ready for their race like stretching and going for light jogs. I found my friend Harry Scott there and he walked with me around the track because I didn't really know where to go. He was giving me a few tips on what to do when you go up hills and how to get past a lot of people by sprinting and not wasting energy. Well we had to go back because my race was first and I had to start stretching to get ready. The lady called all the year 7 girls up and we had to line up at the start. The man that was starting the race rung the siren for us to go. It was hard to run at first but then I got the hang of it.
 There were so many hills that you had to go up and not many downhill parts. There was one really muddy bit that we all had to run through. I slipped there but I didn't fall over so that was lucky. It was a 1kilometre race so we had to run around it three times. I was coming down at the end of the race and I started to sprint. I crossed the finish line to find that there were quite a lot of people behind me. I knew that I hadn't made the top 10 but at least I got this far and tried my hardest. I had left because I didn't need to stay so I came back to school.
 I had come into the office and saw one of my best friend, Izzi. She asked me where I came and I said I didn't know because, well, I didn't know exactly what I came. 
I had to sign in to say that I had come back from school. We went into the classroom and I saw my other best friend Emma. All my other best friends (I have quite a few best friends) asked me what I came and again I said that I didn't know. I just carried on the rest of my day like a normal day. It was an awesome day for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment