Knowledge is Power!

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Oliver's Caving Trip

Today we went to the arthurs pass cave stream with Henry and his dad, my dad plus Toma (a French guy) and me. We arrived only to see St. Andrews college lining up ready to go down into the cave. We quickly found a park and got out to get changed into polly props and wet suits. With helmets clipped we walked a
short distance down to the huge cave entrance.We continued down into the icy water.
"Hey look"said Henry's dad there's a fish. I just saw the mini trout dart off into the gloom. The water was now up to my waist, it was as cold as an icicle about to fall off an icy cliff face.
We trudged on through the icy water until we came to our first obstacle, a small water fall. We carried on under fallen boulders over small waterfalls in pitch darkness only with the light of our small head torches. When it had only felt like 10 minutes (which was actually an hour) we came to a huge waterfall with a steel ladder on the side of it. I knew it was the end and I climbed out happily. Me ,Craig, Henry, my dad and toma all had a great day!!!
By Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment